1 Eragon

Eragon

Written by Christopher Paolini

Reviewed by Kyle M. (age 11)

Eragon

A teenager named Eragon lived with his uncle and his cousin. He went out to hunt when he found a dragon egg. He didn't know that it was a dragon egg until it hatched. He hoped this egg would bring fortune because his family was poor. He went to the shops in town to see if he could sell the egg for some money. He asked the clerk named Sloan if the egg was worth anything. Sloan said he had no idea what it was, but later Eragon found out that the king wanted the egg because it beheld a great dragon.

The soldiers and King pursued Eragon because they wanted the egg. Many things happened during the pursuit. The egg hatched into a special dragon that could be ridden and Eragon's uncle was killed. Eragon ran to a town where he met a dragon expert named Brom. Brom and Eragon continued traveling and figured out that they needed to defeat the Shade, a powerful monster and sorcerer.

Next, Eragon went to see King Galbatorix and a princess that had been captured. When he arrived, he was able to save the princess, but then was caught by the Shade. Brom and Eragon battled the Shade until a mysterious man with a bow and arrow shot the Shade and disintegrated. Although the princess was dying, she went and traveled with Eragon and Brom. They fought the Shade and his army with the Elves. Eragon sstabbed the Shade in the heart and Shade finally died. The princess finally awakened. Eragon will continue his dragon training with the Elves.

I would have changed the story by how Brom dies. I would have put him in the field battle scene. My favorite part of the story is when the Elves fight the Urgals, because it has interesting warfare. My favorite characer is Eragon because he is like me. He is brave and courageous, and he is the main dragon rider. My least favorite character is Shade because he hates everything and he is very mean and cruel.

This story relates to me because I am a kid like Eragon and I like to travel to new places. I think others should read this story because it is interesting to learn how people traveled, trained, dragons and the battled each other.