1 Attack of the Mutant

Attack of the Mutant

Written by R. L. Stine

Illustrated by Tim Jacobus

Reviewed by Ethan W. (age 10)

Attack of the Mutant

Bradley Matthews, nicknamed Skipper, is a boy who loves to read comic books. He read one of the newest Masked Mutant comic books called A Tight Squeeze for the Sensational Sponge. It shows a picture of the Masked Mutant headquarters. A building appears out of nowhere, that looks exactly like the Masked Mutant headquarters. Skipper gets curious and starts exploring, He takes his friend with him and she disappears. He finds a room where all the Masked Mutants comics are drawn. He finds out the Masked Mutant might be real! Read the book to follow Skipper adventures.

I like this book because it has a lot of mystery. Skipper doesn’t know whether he can trust his new friend. Libby is a 12 year old girl who likes to read a comic book called Harry and Beanhead. When they go into the basement to explore, Skipper is sure that she is right behind him. Somehow she disappears. I like The Masked Mutant because he was tricky and mysterious. He is a shape-shifter, a mastermind criminal, and a thief. He traps the Galloping Gazelle, a super-hero who has super fast speed.

This book is part of the GOOSEBUMPS series written by R.L. Stine. He writes lots of horror books. When I was reading this book I felt like I didn’t know what was going to happen. It gave away nothing. I like the time when Skipper found a picture of himself in a comic book the day after he visited the strange building that appeared out of nowhere.

I recommend this book because it has action and adventure. I recommend this book to people who like mystery, suspense, and horror.