1 Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot

Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot

Written by Dav Pilkey

Illustrated by Martin Ontiveros

Reviewed by Abram M (age 7)

Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot

Ricky likes living in Squeakyville, only sometimes Ricky gets lonely! Ricky wishes he could have a special friend. His father said, “Something big will happen to you.” and it did! Now Ricky has a BIG MIGHTY ROBOT. The Robot did all the chores for Ricky’s family. Ricky really likes him. Dr. Stinky is a mad scientist. He created the Mighty Robot. Dr. Stinky snuck into Ricky’s classroom. Doctor Stinky put a drop of Hate Potion # 9 into Ricky’s class pet lizard’s water bowl. The lizard grew bigger and meaner. Ricky’s Robot fights the enormous lizard and Ricky’s Robot won! And then the lizard shrinks down to his regular size.

Ricky really needs a friend. Ricky likes living in Squeakyville, but sometimes he has a hard time living there. Every time he walks to school bullies beat him up. I also sometimes get very lonely and I don’t know what to do! I don’t even want to play with my toys! My favorite part is when this tiny lizard grows into a giant monster that is as big as the Mighty Robot. Doctor Stinky gave just 1 drop of Extra Evil Hate Potion #9 to the lizard. The bottle had a sticker that said, “EXTRA EVIL” and from just one drop of it, the lizard grew bigger and meaner by the second! The illustrations look very cool. This series has very weird illustrations and writing. Who would have a lizard for a classroom pet? Especially one that is tinier than a mouse!

I recommend this book to people who like friendship. Because Ricky and his robot really, really love each other.