1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Written by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Jake D. (age 10)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

This book is a fantasy and a novel in cartoons. Dealing with a big brother and a little one can be a big mess. It is about a kid named Greg Heffley {though his real name is Gregory}. His older brother Rodrick is always harassing him. His little brother Manny is even a bigger problem. Manny's tattle tailing and curiosity get Greg in big trouble. But, this book isn't all troubles. It is also hilarious. Read this book to find its great comedy.

There are many reasons I enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the funny parts. This book is funny because there is name-calling and there are funny words and phrases like: hinny; “now we're diary twins!”; thugs; and “I must be losing my marbles”.

This is the second book in the series. If you read both books, you see how the characters stay the same but get older. So far, in the series, Greg has changed from grade 6 to 7 and has grown up just a bit.

The illustrations in this book help you understand more in the book because you see what Greg is thinking. However, I can relate to Manny the most because he is the youngest in his family and so am I. I enjoyed this book because I liked to see what happened to Greg, Rowley, and Rodrick.

I would recommend this book to anybody because it is hilarious and I think anybody would like to read about what happens to Greg, Rodrick, and Rowley. This book keeps you laughing and cheering for the character you like best. I think kids in 4th grade to middle school would like this book because they would understand the humor and problems that Greg has.