1 Because of Winn-Dixie

Because of Winn-Dixie

Reviewed by L.Pu. (age 8)

Because of Winn-Dixie

Because Of Winn - Dixie is about a girl named Opal. Opal went to the supermarket to go shopping. When she went in, she saw the manager having a fit and screaming, "Who let a dirty dog in here?" Opal lied and said, "It's my dog." Later on in the day Miss Franny gave Opal a piece of candy and Opal said, "It makes me feel sad like when my mama left me." A couple of days later, the whole town had a big party in which Winn - Dixie went to. At the party, Otis brought pickles and played his guitar for music. It started to rain and Winn - Dixie ran away! Would they ever find Winn - Dixie?

My favorite part of the book is when they lose Winn - Dixie. This is my favorite part because Winn - Dixie ran away and everyone at the party tried to do whatever they could to find her. I also like this part because Miss Franny didn't want Opal to get lost or get hurt. She was concerned because there was lightning and it was raining real hard. This part of the story made me concerned as well for Opal and made me curious to see if they would find Winn - Dixie.

This book was really emotional because it made you think where Winn - Dixie was when she got lost. This book was also really emotional when Winn - Dixie caught the mouse without killing it. Winn - Dixie did not kill the mouse, but let it go instead. This book was also really sad because Opal has no mom. I felt sad when I heard Opal had no mom!

I enjoyed reading this book because I liked when Otis hypnotized the animals in his shop. I also enjoyed reading this book because Winn - Dixie always smiles at everyone she meets. The last reason I enjoyed reading this book was because it is very adventurous and feelings are made while reading. Winn - Dixie is a very enjoyable book to read!

I recommend this book because it makes you curious about Winn - Dixie when she gets lost. I also recommend this book because the movie is very much like the book. The last reason I recommend this book is because it is sad, happy, and funny. I hope you pick up Winn - Dixie and read it soon!